Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hidden High Fives

You know, I have these little trinkets from my adventures hidden within the pages of all my books. That's where I keep them. It's random.
Then, when I go to read the book (or read it again at a later time) I get to feel awesome and remind myself of all those bitchin' moments.
Whether it's my Metro pass from the Oberkampt station in Paris that I stuffed into my pocket and found in Be Here Now, a ticket to Nixon in China stashed within Geek Love, or that entrance ticket to the Deutsches Museum falling out of Vert and onto the floor, they always have a way of bitch slapping your day to day crap into perspective.
It give me these kernels of inspirational moments that YES, a dirt broke introverted girl from Milwaukie Oregon can in fact pick lemons off a tree in Italy, stand under a roller coaster in the middle of the night in Japan, or soak her achy feet in this very spot in the Danube river on a Thursday in Budapest.
Danube_at_Budapest,_Margit_Bridge
These are all things that I have been lucky enough to have done and then randomly I get to experience all over again within the pages of my late night reading hours. It makes me super grateful for all the moments so disgustingly perfect that I couldn't have even dreamed up with also a twist of completely stoked on what is still waiting.
I think I really needed a reminder lately that if I want it bad enough, I can pretty much do whatever the hell I please.
High five.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's go to Budapest
eep

Average Squirrel said...

Shouldn't it be...
"let's go back to Budapest."?
I am 89% sure you may have been there that day.