Thursday, October 11, 2007

Down with the Sickness

I have been ill lately so as a result the doins' and whatnots' have been less than exiting. Its hard to me to rest and do nothing. When forced to do so due to illness, I tend to be plagued with depression of "what could have been done".

I have begun a pirate-esque corset for my mom as part of her Halloween costume and have also started working on my costume. I'm having fun with it even though at this time I have no killer Halloween plans.

I turned my contact lens case from something so horrid & gross that I almost liked it....
Te Amo

Into something that is much more fun and appropriate to hang out in my bag.
Super Delicious
That was a few minute good time with some plastic sealant and the wrapper to a particularly delicious Japanese snack lovingly bestowed upon me at the Melvins.

I have also been studying up on Japan and beginning to learn the language. Travel to Japan will commence next June. I am overly exited about this as you soon will see and I will wallow obscenely in the glory of the journey. It would not be false to say that this will be a fulfillment of a life long desire. I have wanted to see Japan since I was young. I used to cut out photos of the country from National Geographic when I was a kid and paste them to my walls. There will be many post on this to come, I'm sure. Stay tuned.

The latest pinhole camera is made from a Dragonfly Wafer Stick container. Coconut flavor- to be specific.
Coconutty
This sweet mama has produced the best picture to date, Bien Sur.
Bathroomshot
I know, I agree..Photography really is witchcraft.
Bonus Photo from out the window at work. This one was from the ol' oatmealcam.
ConstructionIMG
On the horizon comes a few projects. For the first time since its purchased the Elmo Super 8 camera will be used as a contrabution to a video music short for Rust.
tickle my Elmo
I'm looking forward to seeing the products of that. I ordered some black and white super 8 film around a year ago and there it is still sitting....waiting.
I guess the Elmo and I were waiting for just the right occasion.
The video footage will be blended with some stop motion to bring the awesomeness to a level 11.

No comments: