Monday, October 15, 2007

Qu'est que ce que j'ai fais le dernier weekend?

"I need you to make me a corset so I can be a pirate hooker," She says.
"ummmmm.....Jesezzy Chrizzy, Mom....Alright, Ill do it. But, I better get a top hat in trade."
It's a deal.
First I drafted up a seven panel, underbust, front closing pattern for The Mom. Cut that shit out of this total shit...
Pleather

Sew them up.
Multimedia message
(No, Really...It takes forever. The nature of the fabric is counter productive. It works against itself. You have to hand sew before sewing. It's like having to wash your dishes before using the dishwasher. Fucking asinine.)

I gathered tools of the metal cutter, hammer, grommets, boning, pliers, Ipod, towel variety.
ManTools

One virgin to Satan later and....
Done
One weekend, one corset, one happy Mom. Since I am playing the role of my Mother in the final picture, the corset is too large for me. Not tight on me in the slightest since she is of larger proportion. When fitted proper, it will have no wrinkles and crap. Generally look nicer being on the body it was patterned for.

In case you think of me as lazy...
I also redecorated and organized my office, made rootbeer (see below), went to the Japanese Garden (see below), went grocery shopping for the first time in darn near four months, caught up the laundry, made some photos for some people, worked on my Halloween costume, and went to the fabric store twice (that was my own penitence though- I have a tendency to run on the retarded side).

No comments: