Thursday, January 29, 2009

That Box

What ever did happen to that big box that I was staring at for a long time?
True to my norm, I painted it black and turned it into big box camera.
The film plane holds about 2.75 8x10 paper sheets across and about 2.25 wide. I ran weather striping foam in 2" increments within the box to hold my film plane so it won't flop around and I can vary the focal length. It has two pinholes. I can use them both and get some image overlap or I can use one at a time. I also made a lid. The box is so big it makes it difficult to maneuver in my closet but, I can load it and unload it carefully there, then take the paper in a light safe container to the bathroom to develop each 8X10. I can't fit me and the box in the bathroom. The test run made the shot posted the other day. I only fretting momentarily that it may have seemed like I was going to do some illegal burying by going into the pioneer cemetery with a giant black box I can barely carry.
I inverted the 8X10 negative images and placed them back together again to make one image. Id like to play around a bit more with it.
A Visual Rundown.
Giant Box Cam

The micro bok choy made me super smitten. How could it not?
Baby Bok Choy
Even more so when I turned it into this...
Delicious
Give this girl a box and a noodle and she is happy, I guess.

No comments: