Monday, October 26, 2009

Hi, My name is Jessica

Today is proof positive that I am in fact either a generally happy person or possibly crazy.
Humorously bad is the only way to describe my day today. So great that everyone else around me also happened to have a bad day and seeing me smiling away whilst learning about MY shit-fest day, turned their moods a bit brighter.
I dig making other people's day a bit better than it was to begin with.
Even if that is at expense of myself and my antics as Ambassador of the Challenged.

Here are the top 10 reason why I am convinced that today hates me.

1# I got 3 hours of sleep last night.

2# No coffee.

3# I had to ride the loser cruiser.

4# It started down pouring 20 feet after leaving my house this morning. So, I had to wait for the bus, on Grand, during a fucking monsoon, trying to use my tiny Japan umbrella. It was pointless.

5# After the bus ALMOST passed right by me, I sat down and started to access my massive water damage (goodbye dear ipod, favorite japan boots, breakfast Powerbar, and checkbook) however; when the bus lurched forward an entire waterfall of water cascaded down out of some mystery spot at the top of the bus directly onto me (knocking my glasses off) and the business dude sitting in front of me.
I laughed pretty hard and he got pretty pissed.

6# I got to work and I literally made a puddle just standing there. Every single inch of me was soaking wet. I wrung out my bra in the bathroom....
That is one place that I never really thought I would be topless but, Whatever I just got dressed and started working as usual. (Bonus points for today being the day I get the freak opportunity to meet the owner of my entire work for the first time. High five!)

#7 I saw a 80 year old woman... also in her bra. Oddly not my first time.

#8 I fell down the stairs.

#9 I was starving, had no food, and was forced to go to the grocery store after work. I hate the grocery store more than anyone has ever hated anything.

#10 I discovered that I may not get to go to Bryan's show at Berbatti's this week due to prior commitments and it is pretty much the only show I will ever get to see for the rest of my life at the rate I am going. Even worse that I have zero interest in my prior commitment.

Now, seeming that most everyone surrounding me for #1-10 was a complete asshole to me at all times, I am willing to entertain the idea that my amusement over today may be in fact because I am "crazy".
I may also agree that being crazy probably helps me out in a lot of very sucky situations.

2 comments:

Noswoon said...

You're beautiful.

Average Squirrel said...

Nice timing, Sir.
I feel like a shit box.
Behold today's captain log....

I broke my helmet.

I broke my fucking helmet.

I need hugs so bad cause I broke my fucking helmet.